Friday, July 2, 2010

Floating

I am going floating this weekend at the Elk River in Noel, MO! I am super excited to go with a bunch of friends, but I know there are going to be some morons down there getting absoloutely wasted and causing a scene, fighting, etc... Why is it that people have to ruin good times for others? Don't get me wrong, I am going to be drinking, probably quite a bit, but I will not be one of the ones cursing at people, or anything like that to be obnoxious.

My wife and two of our friends went floating last weekend here in Joplin for like a two hour float. It was so nice and peaceful, then the idiots came floating by us. At one point, we were floating by a small fmaily that had two young kids, they were all swimming in this certain area and these two guys came roaring by cussing so loudly that I was totally embarrased for this family. The kids were around 5 and 8 in ages I am guessing. I almost said something, then realized it wasn't necessarily my place to interfere with the whole situation. Once again, it;s not like I don;t cuss or anything, I just choose when and where I do or do not use foul language, and in front of kids and their families is one of those places.

I am sure we will still have a good time, I just hope all the jackasses stay home this weekend, shooting roman candles out of their hands, and doing other irresponisble things off the river! Yes I know, wishful thinking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment